The Max Weber Stiftung is looking for an
for its India Branch Office (MWS IBO) in New Delhi. The post shall begin as soon as possible but no later than 1 November 2020. This is a long-term vacancy, following the successful completion of a probation period of 6 months.
The Max Weber Stiftung is a public-funded, German humanities and social science research foundation with institutes and branch offices in North America, Europe and Asia. Its Branch Office in India was established in 2014 to engage in Indo-German collaborative research in the humanities and social sciences and to provide support to Indo-German research networks and collaborations in these fields.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the entire administrative team of the MWS IBO in New Delhi, the MWS central office in Germany, and administrative partners of the MWS in Germany and India. She/he will report directly to the Office Manager and be accountable to the Head of Office.
She/he shall assume responsibility for the everyday running the office and her/his tasks shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Providing administrative and technical support to the office
- Arranging meetings of the office and maintaining relevant records/documentation of the meetings
- Arranging the logistics of events under the supervision of the Programme Manager
- Assisting with administrative and logistical arrangements for guest researchers
- Maintaining and updating contact and event databases
- Assisting with office communications and public relations (via phone and email)
- Ensuring the systematic and effective filing of all documents related to the day-to-day running of the office, as directed by the Office Manager or his/her Deputy
- Helping the Office Manager to maintain complete and accurate financial records, for example by organising receipts and invoices in the order required and assisting with their filing
- Undertaking other tasks as necessary and as agreed with the Office Manager and Head of Office in order to maximise necessary administrative support
- Some amount of reception cover, should this be required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Full time bachelor’s degree; those having a distance learning degree are not eligible
- Sound computer skills (in particular proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and the ability to set-up technical equipment (such as projectors etc.)
- The ability to communicate in spoken and written English and a good command of Hindi is essential
- Knowledge of the German language would be an added advantage but not essential
- Good communication skills; in particular, the ability to engage with the office’s guests and networks both in person and remotely (phone & email) in a calm, pleasant and confident manner
- The ability to deal confidently with service providers
- An awareness of data protection and the requirement to handle data confidentially
- An excellent team player, flexible, organised and reliable with a professional attitude, and ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Willingness to work outside of office hours and to work from home if necessary
- Work experience in office/project assistance, event management or related fields for at least 2-3 years (including internships) is necessary
- Given the international nature of the MWS IBO work experience in international organisations (such as NGOs) and dealing with people from a diverse, international background would be an asset
Salary in the range of INR 52,000 to INR 56,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Very generous leave rules and medical benefits.
The successful candidate will be employed by the Max Weber Stiftung, which is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering workplace equality for men and women. To the extent possible, flexibility of working hours will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities. Please send your application with a cover letter and the usual documents (CV, certificates, and 2 letters of reference from someone with whom you have worked professionally) by email in PDF format with the subject line ‘Application for Administrative Assistant’ by 7 August 2020. The letter should be addressed to Mr Rohan Seth (firstname.lastname@example.org). Postal applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will be conducted via video-conference during the week of 7-11 September 2020. Should you not be available at the time, please indicate this in your cover letter. Only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
For further information on the Max Weber Stiftung and its India Branch Office please see the following websites: